maandag 29 maart 2010

Star Bucket shower

Almost 6 months here and I haven’t even been possessed by an evil spirit or daemon. I haven’t seen a ghost either. I think most Ghanaians would not believe me, as this happens to them all the time apparently. Also, I haven’t eaten the local delicacy, grass cutter. That is a rat indeed, thank you. Plus I haven’t taken a bucket shower. So much for integration.

And now I’m off to the US, planning to fully integrate in the life of a New Yorker. I will go for runs at the Hudson riverside and Central Park. I’m going to hit the jazz clubs, salad bars and delicious sushi places, go to museums at 10 o’clock at night and stay awake 24 hours if possible. Thanks to homeexchange.com we even got our own little apartment in the Big Apple. Hopefully the guy who will stay at our place is not too psycho. After all, I have been assured that evil spirits and daemons do exist.

Second half of this year though, when I get back, I plan to take a bucket shower and integrate a bit more in the non-expat life of Ghana. I think it’s time to get off my big African booty (I’m getting compliments lately, for real, not too sure whether I like it or not). Sometimes I feel I’m completed isolated in my AC cold little world from reality. Although the daily power cuts and water shortages remind me of the life outside my house, car and office. Maybe a bite of a tiny tiny little rat to start with will help. But please don’t send me bad vibes by some kind of scary voodoo witch if I don’t keep this promise.