vrijdag 18 juni 2010

Cheers to the belly botton

The 19th of June is my new years' eve. I contemplate on my year, I make plans like drinking less on school days and going for runs more often and I check with myself whether I’m on the right track.

This years new year’s eve is going to be too busy for that though. Not only will there be 2 football matches to watch Saturday, I’m also going to sleep in a beach hut with a lovely group of friends (and a lot of wine). So I pre-contemplated today and made some resolutions and plans for the new year and the new decade.

First of all I started with something radical. I took out my belly button piercing. Wanted to do that for a long time, but wasn’t ready to say goodbye to this one and only tiny little teenage rebel action. But the thought of being a woman in her thirties with a Britney Spears piercing suddenly made me rip out the whole thing this morning.

The rest of the plans are all simple. I am going adapt to the African time mentality of taking it easy and not thinking too much about tomorrow, let alone next year. I do however allow myself my secret pleasure of looking at funda.nl and dreaming about my future married life with 2 kids and a rose garden. Other new year’s resolutions:

I will dye my hair as soon as I find one grey hair. I will start cleaning my face after wearing make-up (starting when I don’t live on the equator anymore, here I gave up make-up in a minute). I will go dancing more often. I will spend more on food and good wine. And most importantly, I’m going to try to keep living the life I want and not settle for less. Cheers!