zaterdag 2 oktober 2010

Opening Prayer

“Who is volunteering to do the opening prayer of the meeting today?” During this question I’m always very busy finding something unknown in my purse under my table. It’s the question I fear the most. I even prefer: “ who is volunteering to write the minutes of the meeting today?”. Technically I shouldn’t be scared, as praying is pretty straight forward and pragmatic here. It goes more or less like this:

“Heavenly Father, thank you for bringing us together in this meeting today. We pray that you will guide us to work hard for the benefit of Ghana and Ghana’s beautiful innocent children. Lord, we pray that we will make great progress on the education district plan today. We also pray that Unicef will sponsor us further in the future. Some more money is needed for fuel for the education district offices and refreshments during meetings with the school management committees. Father, we pray that you will enlight our path and fill our hearts today with commitment and passion for our work. Thank you Father. Amen.”