zaterdag 7 augustus 2010

Our House

I think I officially qualify for homesickness today. Or at least for melancholy. But listen to this beautiful song. It's my favourite and sounds like the perfect evening to me, yet very unavailable at the moment. Don't listen to it if you just went through a painful breakup though, unless you feel like crying.



So thank god tonight I can't stay in bed and play sentimental songs. It's girls night again, with dirty Martini’s and lots of gossip! It will be such a relief after this work week of long discussions about the Ghanaian government’s planning and budget, endless discussions with 200 people and powerpoint presentations of over 70 slides.

It was the week of the Education Sector Review, meaning all parties involved in education in Ghana got together and made recommendations to the Minister of Education on priorities and improvements. Nothing new obviously. In fact I think we could have copied those of last year. But there was a personal new thing. It was the first time I felt completely comfortable commenting and giving my opinion. After 10 months I finally really seem to get what is going on... So I better stay a bit longer and miss our house a bit more.